Address:654 Girard Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001
Neighborhood:Columbia Heights/Howard Submarket
# of Units:80
Completion Date:Built in the 1950's. Purchased in July 2021.
Project Overview: Renovation
UIP acquired a leasehold interest in the land under Howard Manor, a 1950’s 80 unit apartment building with 3,000 SF of retail, and taking an absolute assignment of the income generated thereon from Howard University in February 2020. Located on the edge of the University’s campus along Georgia Avenue, at 654 Girard Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001.
- The building is vacant and renovations will include:
- New windows, roof, lobby, and halls
- New electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems
- Unit upgrades to bathrooms and kitchens
- Individually controlled heating and cooling
- In-unit washers and dryers
- Transit oriented, “core” location, supply constrained submarket
- Howard Manor offers new, distinctive apartments that are centrally located, attractive to college-oriented residents, young professionals and other university stakeholders (e.g. medical students, hospital & university employees)
- Short walk to four (4) metros; Shaw-Howard University, U St-Cardoza, Petworth, and Columbia Heights Metro